Aquatabs® Food Safe
Water Disinfection worldwide
A Sterinova tablet when added to water creates a disinfectant solution for disinfecting infant bottles and baby feeding utensils.
Each Sterinova tablet disinfects 2-3 litres of water and has up to 5 years shelf life. They are available in cartons of 30 and 60 tablets.
Sterinova has been specifically formulated to give safe and easy to prepare disinfecting solutions with broad spectrum activity against microorganisms including:
- Bacteria: Escherichia coli, which causes food poisoning, gastroenteritis, diarrhoea and sickness.
- Staphylococcus aureus, which causes food poisoning, diarrhoea, sickness and skin infections.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which causes skin infections, rashes and pustules.
- Enterococcus faecium, which causes food poisoning, diarrhoea and sickness.
- Salmonella typhimurium which causes food poisoning, septicaemia, enteric fever, gastroenteritis and diarrhoea.
- Mycobacteria: Mycobacterium sp., which causes lung infections.
- Fungi: Candida albicans, which causes oral thrush (candidiasis). #
Directions for use and dosage
IMPORTANT – A fresh solution must be made daily.
- To prepare the correct sterilising solution add one tablet to 4 pints (2.3 litres) of water in a suitable non-metallic container.
- Clean utensils thoroughly after each feed. Clean bottles and teats thoroughly with warm soapy water. Rub teats inside and out to remove all milk deposits. Rinse with cold water.
- Completely immerse all feeding utensils in the prepared solution, ensuring there are no trapped air bubbles. Sterilisation is complete after 30 minutes, but all utensils should be left in the solution until they are required.
- Wash your hands before removing utensils from the solution. Drain bottles, teat and other items before use. Fill the bottle immediately and cover teats.
Retail, hospital and other clinical setting
Sterinova can be used with total confidence as it is manufactured in a Good Manufacturing Practice facility in conformance with European standards.
Validation of Effectiveness
Having identified the microorganisms of concern, Medentech then evaluated the dosages and effectiveness of Sterinova under 'clean' and 'dirty' conditions. Because hypochlorites are known to be degraded in the presence of milk, Sterinova was evaluated in the presence of milk to simulate 'dirty' conditions.
Efficacy tests were undertaken to determine activity against bacteria of the Sterinova solution. The tests were performed by an independent laboratory at different temperatures and with milk concentrations up to 1% (equivalent to 50mls of milk deposit in a typical 5 litre sterilising unit). In all cases all microorganisms were dead well within the 30 minute disinfecting period used in the Sterinova method.
For further information please email us: info(at)medentech.com