Water Disinfection worldwide
Aquatabs® granules are added to to drinking water to kill most harmful micro-organisms. The granules dissolve clear within minutes and isinfects the water within 30 minutes.
Aquatabs® Granules are available in a 0.5kg, 5kg & 25kg plastic bucket and lid with a 2 year shelf life.
Aquatabs will lead to a 6 log reduction in bacteria, a 4 log reduction in viruses and a 3 log reduction in Cysts (Giardia) within 30 minutes, when used in non-turbid water.
Directions for use and dosage
Weigh out and dissolve 20g of Aquatabs® Granules in 1 litre of water. Stir to dissolve. The 1% (10,000mg/l available chlorine) solution is used to disinfect larger quantities of water as follows:
Volume of 1% solution to be added to:
|Chlorine Dose Required||10,000 Litres||100,000 Litres|
|1 mg/l||1 Litre||10 Litres|
|5 mg/l||5 Litres||50 Litres|
|10 mg/l||10 Litres||100 Litres|
Note: 1mg/l = 1 ppm available chlorine.
- Pre-treatment should ensure that the water turbidity is less than 5 NTU before chlorinating.
- Ensure that a minimum contact time of 30 minutes is allowed before consumption.
- Ensure a thorough mix, by recirculation where appropriate.
- Always test for residual chlorine levels. It is desirable to leave a residual chlorine level of 0.3-0.5 mg/l after 30 minutes contact.
- During outbreaks it is recommended that chlorine residuals should be maintained as follow:
0.5 mg/l at all points in the supply
1.0 mg/l at standposts and wells
2.0 mg/l in tanker trucks at filling
USA 8.5mg Aquatabs only approved by EPA