Aquatabs Food-Safe is an effervescent tablet used for washing fresh fruit and vegetables making them safe for consumption by killing micro-organisms such as Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Spp. and Escherichia coli.
Aquatabs Food-Safe Presentation
Aquatabs Food-Safe is available in a 1.67g tablet which treats 20 litres of water to give 50ppm available chlorine in solution.
Aquatabs Food-Safe is effective against the following micro-organisms: Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Spp., Escherichia coli, Campylacter jejuni, Straphylococcus aureus, Shigella spp
Troclosene Sodium is the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved active ingredient in Aquatabs Food-Safe. Aquatabs Food-Safe use the active ingredient Troclosene Sodium; certified to international standards with NSF/ANSI Standard 60 certification and are manufactured to full pharmaceutical standards.
It is a broad range biocide that kills a wide range of micro-organisms. They are simple to use and store, easily transported, cost effective and affordable. As it is a tablet format there are benefits over using liquids eg measuring is not required, no leakages
Directions for Use
- Where fresh produce is consumed within 24 hours of washing.
- Remove as much dirt and debris from the fruit and vegetables as possible ( brush or wash)
- Add 1 tablet to 20 litres of water. Where possible ensure that the temperature of the rinse water is about 10° C higher than that of the fresh produce.
- Add the fresh produce to the treated water and rinse with agitation for a minimum of 30 seconds but up to 5 minutes if possible. Ensure that the trapped air in some vegetables e.g. broccoli is removed.
- Fruit and vegetables should be eaten as soon as possible after rinsing.
- If storage is required, remove the produce and shake off excess water, spin dry if possible. Place in a sealed polythene bag or air tight container and refrigerate at 4 - 8°C for as short a period as possible up to 24 hours.
- Where storage of fresh produce is required for more than 1 day.
- As above except:
- Add 2 tablets to 20 litres of water.
- When the fresh produce is removed, rinse with potable water before drying the produce and storing.
- Immediately before use, remove the fresh produce from storage and rinse with potable water. USA 8.5mg Aquatabs only approved by EPA
- As above except: